Over the last 8 years, our backyard has undergone various changes…….
we’re talking some minor and MAJOR changes!
To try to fit it all into one post would be unrealistic so I thought I would break it down into a ‘series’.
This way, you can get to know my ‘cast of characters’ and experience our process with us!
Meet my brother, Mike, who found himself in between jobs at the time, so we “hired him” to help us create our paradise!
Yes, he’s a ‘hoot’ and one lovable guy!!
We started out by just adding simple wooden “awnings” on our back windows.
The back of our house was ‘flat’ and needed some architectural detail. This was my vision………
We went from this………..
The process was fairly simple and after numerous trips to Home Depot for supplies, took approximately 2-3 days to complete!
We started by figuring out what we wanted our “corbels” to look like.
We went with a simple design we came up with in our heads, traced on paper and cut out of 2×4’s and 2×6’s.
The cross pieces are 2x2x8’s cut to fit and screwed into the corbels….
…..and the top row is more 2x2x8’s cut to fit, spaced evenly and screwed on top!
All wood was primed and painted flat white before attaching!
It’s amazing how a simple design can make a HUGE difference!!
Join us next week when we’ll share how we added a shed to the back of the house!!!
Until next time……