I love my cat, Pumpkin. I really do.
Until she knocks one of my battery operated candles off a shelf that hangs 12 feet off the floor! The candle sounded like it exploded when it landed….the cat flew, as well (but that’s a whole different story)!
Anyway, this is what I was left with….
Not pretty! I wanted to find a way to reuse the candle because miraculously, although it was badly beaten, it still worked!
Well, I walked around my house for the next couple of days trying to come up with some inspiration…..nothing!
Then, it hit me! I recently purchased a cloche from Pier One (LOVE) and had been looking for something to place under it. You see the cloche is tall (approx. 2 feet) and I wanted something with a little height!
Yureeka! The candle!!
So, I took some dried Spanish moss and wrapped it around the bottom of the candle to cover up the parts that broke in the fall and placed it under the cloche!
Very simple but quite lovely, especially during the evening when the candle’s timer sets it glowing.
It’s the little things, ya know?
Will this post change your life? Nah! But finding a new use for my candle made my day and I hope it will encourage you to find ways to re-purpose your little catastrophes!
Now, I need to find my cat! She’s probably sitting on the shelf!
Until next time…..
I’m linking up to: